No-Cook menu options can alleviate a lot of hassle. Menus should always be built around your camping trip. If you’re headed to a new destination with an itinerary filled with nonstop stuff, an easy simple menu can free up an enormous amount of time. Or if you just simply hate cooking (and the cleanup) or lack the necessary equipment, no-cook menu items can minimize stress and labor.
No-Cook Breakfast Ideas:
- Cold cereal – You can even purchase prepackaged cereals in single serve bowls. Just peel off the lid and add milk!
- Bagels, toast, breakfast bars, granola bars
- Yogurt with fresh fruit, granola
- Fresh Fruit
- Boiled eggs, cooked and pre-peeled at home.
No-Cook Ideas for Lunch and Dinner
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Fluff Sandwiches (with or without bananas)
- Lunch Meat Sandwiches
- Egg, Tuna, Chicken salad sandwiches
- Sandwich Wraps
- BLTs with precooked bacon
- Roast hot dogs over the campfire
- Serve premade soup/stew/chili. Warm it up in a big pot over the campfire or in a crockpot.
- Meat/Cheese/Crackers or even just some Lunchables.
- Pasta salads – either prepared at home or purchased from the deli.
- Veggie salad or fruit salads
- Dehydrated foods – there’s an endless selection of dehydrated meal options that require nothing more than a pot of boiling water.
Snacks to compliment your No-Cook Menu
- GORP (AKA Trail Mix. Stands for Good Old Raisins and Peanuts)
- Granola bars, cereal bars, protein bars